My son is trying to sell his 2015 RAV4 on CL. So he gets a guy who says you
have to provide me with the records on the car because my bank requires it and
they will only accept the report from Titlesfax.com. We had never heard of this
outfit and the story sounded...more than a little...fishy. A search came up
with nothing about the company except a CL ad out of Spokane saying that anyone
requesting this is a scammer.

A "whois" gave the information that the domain was registered 4 days ago and
that the owners made efforts to conceal their geographic location.

Anybody else heard of this type of attack against sellers?

Greg