Clean thoroughly first.  Then ozone.

Ozone will oxidize the rubber and plastic in the cabin.

Yes.  So don't go nuts with it.

The best solution I have found was to use a 10/1 water/hydrogen peroxide
> solution in a spray bottle.  This has no deleterious effect on plastic,
> rubber, leather, or wool carpet.  It does not bleach or stain,

H2O2 is basically liquid ozone.  Both O3 and H2O2 release a free oxygen
radical when provoked, which binds vigorously with the nearby whatever.
Hopefully something stinky.  H2O2 _is_ a bleach, and will cause problems if
over-used.  Just like ozone.  Usually, in the concentrations of either that
you can make or buy, both are relatively mild and pretty safe.

I was at the thrift shop recently, and they had two ozone generators there,
$7 each.  These are $100+ units, and both worked.  (These are basically
small fluorescent-style lights in a shielded, fanned case, using germicidal
[clear quartz envelope, no phosphors] bulbs.) I opened one up, to glue some
loose parts back down, and the interior of the black plastic housing was
all white and oxidized, from the UV light and/or ozone.  Big deal.  I had a
smelly towel that no amount of laundering would clear up.  I hung it in the
bathroom and ran the two units in there, door closed, overnight.  The moldy
smell is gone.

-- Jim