No time now but I am so pleased for them. Seriously talented drivers, all
meeting seven years of saturdays working on their 87 325i coupe with many
events and prior race wins, but this is their first regional chumpionship
victory. Two eight hour races at road america over two days. They caned the
field in the wet conditions and won class c and overall by nine laps I
think. They did not open the hood or the toolbox once during the whole
weekend. There were lots of cars there with owners flying drivers in etc.
And professional motorsports teams from LMP etc. Parker comes to mind,
fielded a camaro.

Anyway, the level of competition at the pointy end of chumpcar is very
high. 95% race on reliability. The top 5% race on speed. Lots of industry
professionals putting teams of guys together. Takes a massive effort on car
prep, race management and driving skill to pull off a win like that.