OK - My SARCASM warning light came on, brightly...please acknowledge that you
are joking, so it will go out.

  Chris

R A Bennell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  That really sounds abusive to a cold
engine. Can they really handle this
sort of thing without harm? I never try to start mine in the winter but even
in the fall it was cool enough that it did not start like in the summer. I
felt bad about having to hold the pedal down a bit to keep it running.

Randy B

-----Original Message----- Or at least part of it.

  A few glow cycles is also a must when it gets down there. It is
also wise to crank, non-stop with the pedal floored until the engine
is firing on enough cylinders to keep itself running. This can take
quite a bit of cranking but it is necessary and the starter can
handle it.

Johnny B.

Christopher McCann, Squier Park, Kansas City, Missouri
-2005 Blue Point Siamese, "Rose"
-1992 Volkswagen Golf, diesel, 185K km, "Nanook"
-1987 300TD, 151K, "Rotkäppchen"
-1985 300SD, 212K, "Wulf"
-1976 240D, ?K, "AKP-Wagen" (Alternativen Kraftstoffs Prüfenlastwagen)
-1972 Jacobsen 21" Turbo Vent
-1971 Case 222 Hydrive, 12HP Kohler, 38" deck, Snowcaster, "One Banger"

Yahoo! Mail
From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Fri Mar 10 17:49:51 2006