I tested with my Indigo slot iMac (500mhz). I have not seen any firewire ethernet adapters. Could be out there and I am just blind. Having never seen an airport card in the flesh, are they not just PCMCIA cards? On the iMac there is a stand off.connector that one needs to add to mine, but I am not interested in paying $50 for that little doo hickey.