Crankshaft position sensor? While I know you didn’t say there was a code for
it, that is a very common "cranks but no start” reason on earlier model engines.

I just googled your complaint and this came up:

https://repairpal.com/mercedes-benz-e350-2007/problems

CPS is one of the common complaints for this problem.

I would also be looking at fuel pressure, too.  Bad fuel pump can cause similar
symptoms.

List of fault codes from BW:

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w163-m-class/1696815-list-fault-codes-dtc.html#post5643470

-D