Normally, I would agree with you. I prefer the old round gauges. But, I had an 08 Honda Civic for a year and it had the digital speedo up high above the rest of the gauges. The tach was round and down lower. I found that the digital speedo was very easy to see and it was easier to keep track of my speed. The numbers were large and up where I could see them without having to look down. My truck on the other hand has round gauges and the numbers are fairly small. I have to look down and if it is bright and I have sunglasses on, it is difficult to see the exact speed. Part of that is probably age related and just a matter of my eyes not adjusting as quickly as they once did.
I would cheerfully have another vehicle with a speedo like the Civic.

RB