Well, I finally got the timer in. I cut a new "tool" out of 30 ga tin, then RTFM, which sez to take out the upper pin for the lower chain guide below the vac pump. I had missed/forgotten that step. With the thinner tin and with the last pin out, the timer slid right in. (Like the book sez it will)

Parts order from Tom H. should be in soon. Tomorrow I will make sure everything works right without interference while turning it over a few times, check/set der falfe clearance, put in the oel pump, pan etc. the see if I can get the IP to line up in the right spline.

It is too freaking cold to be doing this. They have been promising 55º but we get 38º

I should have everything finished within a day or two of getting the CC order in. Have to put a seal in the PS pump too.