that's nice!

Dan Penoff via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
November 11, 2017 at 12:40 PM
Just thought I would share this with the group:

Most of you know I’m pretty hard core about keeping my cars bone stock, the way I like them. One of the things that’s always been a hassle for me is how to deal with a phone or MP3 player in my cars. They’re laying on the seat, console, etc., moving around and generally in the way.

I came across these guys in an eBay auction a while back, and found a really nice way to be able to mount my phone or iPod without using some crappy third party gooseneck/magnet/suction cup arrangement:

http://www.kudausa.com

They make leather mounts that match your interior and fit/integrate into the ash really well. I just got one for my 98 W210 wagon today, and it took all of maybe 5 minutes to install, and it really looks nice. You can see the eBay auction they did for mine here:

http://tinyurl.com/ybkjy3xh

They did mine this way because I went through eBay, but it’s the same price buying through their web site. With the mount I got a set of interior panel tools, which I didn’t need. It wasn’t cheap, but the quality is very German, and it looks like it was designed to be there from the beginning.

I can post a picture of mine in a little bit (I’m putting Halloween stuff away in the garage right now) if anyone wants to see it. I bought a somewhat generic mount from them as well that I just stuck on the KUDA mount with an adhesive pad supplied with the mount.

-D