I would always put the trigger in the middle of my trigger finger pad
(midway between finger tip and first joint).  What I was taught was that a
group to the left of the bulls-eye probably means you're trigger finger is
too deep, and the trigger is either at or on the crease at the first
joint.  However, there could be other variables (hand positions, trigger
pull smooth vs. jerking, anticipating the recoil and trying to compensate
with a muscle movement, breathing wrong, etc), and in the end (if the
sights are adjustable) you could simply adjust the sites to bring the group
back to the bulls-eye.  It is more important to do exactly the same thing
every time you shoot, so your groups are as tight as possible, and then you
adjust the sites so that the group is hitting where you want it to hit.

Stop comparing how the pistol shoots when "benched" because that's not how
you're going to shoot all the time.  Benching it and shooting has no value
because that's not how you will shoot the pistol "in real life".  Learn
proper stance, hand positions, site alignment, trigger pull, and breathing,
get those all consistent with every shoot, and then adjust the sites and
you're done.