If you have some minor leakage, try running a couple of treatments of AutoRx ( www.auto-rx.com ) I've managed to head off a few dozen seal repairs on mine and customer cars with that stuff. It's costy, but it really does work.

----------Robert

David Johnson wrote:
What is the implication of front crank seal leak? I
have a couple of drops coming out of the seal each
day.  Other than the unsightly polka dots on my
cement, should I be concerned about any complications
to the engine as a result of this leak?
>From what I've read, this is a rather big job, and I
don't have the capability/tools to change the seal. I
suppose the leak will worsen with time, and I'll need
to get it fixed at some point in time. At that
juncture, resources permitting, is there anything else
I should take care of for this 83 300DT with 220 K
miles?
Thanks.
David