Zoltan Finks wrote:
Yes, this is the kit that I was trying to think of the other day.

So, this BERU kit is supposed to facilitate cold starting and warming up.
What's the catch? If it's so good, why aren't more folks running them? There
seems like there must be a trade-off, like shorter plug life, or worse fuel
mileage, shorter battery life or something. I don't know - I'm asking.

If it's going to make cold starting significantly easier and better, and the
side effects are minimal, you can bet I'll be installing them. Are these
synonymous with the "pencil-type" glow plugs I have heard mentioned lately?

It will do little to facilitate colder starting (won't start at colder temps) but will lower the noise, smoke, exhaust emissions and the engine will run smoother AFTER it starts!

http://www.beru.com/english/produkte/gluehkerzen/nachruest-tabelle.php

http://www.beru.com/english/produkte/gluehkerzen/nachruest.php

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 237kmi