Whoa! If the decision is made by a bean counter, Curt gets screwed. You've gotta know who ultimately decides the value of the position. While we all know and believe Curt is high value to them, or should be, none of us know who ultimately judges the value of the position to the company. Maybe Curt does. Even if his boss is 100% good with any price because he understands the investment they have in Curt, and the value he provides to the company, some schmuck bean counter, maybe even a consultant, not even an employee, might be the one who says "cut the cord" "We can hire some 20 yr old kid to do this."

Bean counters don't value institutional knowledge, relationships, training costs, etc.. They ask themselves if they can fill the position for less money. They cause immense damage to companies.
Dwight Giles via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
November 28, 2017 at 7:53 PM
Go for it Curt. You have a good bargaining position. Your experience is
too valuable for them to lose

Dwight Giles Jr.
Wickford RI