yeah, that's why it took a cop here 16 shots to "end the threat to him" from an unarmed drugged up kid that just ran his dad's pickup into a tree.

Curt Raymond via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
December 3, 2017 at 5:06 PM
I've probably told this story before but...Years ago we used to shoot a lot of metallic silhouette, I was never that good but the juniors class had mostly casual shooters so I did pretty well.One time the police were using our range during our normal practice time. We waited around to see if they'd quit before it got too dark for us to shoot. They were shooting man sized metallic targets from 10 meters and hitting about 3 in 10. We were shooting targets about the size of a dinner plate at 1000 meters and when I was doing well I could do 4 in 10 with an open sight pistol. One of the guys commented that he "heard a long more bangs than dings", metallic targets ring when you hit them. The cop retorted "Think you can do better?" my friend replies "he can" and points at me, the 15 year old idiot kid. The cop gives me one of their guns to shoot but I want to do it at 100 meters. So they all pull back and I proceed to put 8 shots into the target (the first two were finding the elevation) and the cops throw us off the range for "being unsafe".We joked for years that we were "unsafe for the police ego." I don't really have a lot of respect for the average LEO's ability to shoot.
-Curt