It goes in cycles. A Facebook group I'm on recently had a discussion of the
Springfield "Trapdoor" rifles which when I was a lad could be had for cheap
that are now getting into the $700-$800 range for decent examples. The ones
with a story "Owned rifles" can go for very big money.
Remember these are pre-1900 rifles, they were 100 years old or more when I was
born...
-Curt

    On Monday, December 11, 2017, 5:08:03 PM EST, Randy Bennell via Mercedes