> On December 11, 2017 at 6:00 PM Randy Bennell via Mercedes
> <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>

> Believe it or not, when I was in high school, there was a rifle range in
> the basement under the gym and one could belong to a club that used it.

.22 rifle is a growing varsity sport in the US, after a few decades when it had
just about died out.

But it's still virtually impossible to have firearms in your locker or even in
the parking lot without being made into a felon. I remember one kid whose mom
saw a safety video about carrying a seatbelt cutter in the car, she put knives
in the consoles of all the family cars and he got a felony charge of having a
weapon in a parking lot.

High school trapshooting is more popular than rifle competition, I'm wondering
how long it will take to surpass tennis.

Mitch.