Sorry if I indicated bioD was the problem. The issue is crappy fuel standards
the government implemented. ULSD isn't by itself the problem, Europe has it too
they just compensate with better additives directly in the fuel. Here the
government took the side of the oil companies instead of the engine makers so
we have fuel that barely lubricates well enough and with any contamination at
all doesn't meet spec. This is why VW won't warranty a diesel engine that's had
any gasoline at all in the tank...

Curt

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Sat, Dec 16, 2017 at 10:00 AM, Curley McLain via
Mercedes<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:   Well, use of B5 or higher is NOT the
cause of pump failure due to lack
of lubricity in U-LSD.  B5 INCREASES the lubricity to near that of older
(Pre U-LSD) fuel.

We get a pretty steady diet of B5.

If your U-LSD is not a B5, then the Iron head and OM601-2-3 engines need
lubricity added to the fuel for optimum engine life.

U-LSD is what happens when the EPA goobers are on LSD.  (All the time!)
  (Maybe the usage of hallucinogens at the EPA has decreased some in 2017)