Reading through some of the builds online people have been shooting them. One
guy in England had his gun proofed at the royal proof house. They tested it way
over normal shooting load.I intend to load way under the normal 120gr load,
more like 70gr. I'm interested in seeing if I could get the barrel proofed
anyhow...
I passed on a $700 Pedersoli repo in October, been kicking myself ever since.

-Curt

    On Monday, December 18, 2017, 4:20:02 PM EST, Mitch Haley via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> On December 18, 2017 at 3:58 PM Craig via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
> wrote:
> Do you do that to have a presentation piece, or can you safely fire it?

Please remember, that these very old guns are intended for display purposes.
IMA does not recommend restoration of these antique firearms into "shooters"
and any attempt to do so should be inspected by a licensed gunsmith before
firing.

https://www.ima-usa.com/products/original-british-east-india-company-p-1771-brown-bess-flintlock-parts-set-nepalese-gurkha-marked-lock

Pedersoli has always made great shooters, but what was cheap in 1970 is getting
pretty pricey today:
http://www.dixiegunworks.com/product_info.php?products_id=3525