I think i tried using brake spring pliers but failed. i tried lots of things, but nothing worked. It took a lot of time. I could not find any way to do it that seemed reasonable.

Max Dillon via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
December 23, 2017 at 7:05 AM
I'll second the vice grips recommendation. I think I clamped the end of the spring with the vice grips, and then it was just brute force. I tried to figure out a way to lever the vice grips with a screw driver, but failed.

I believe the official shop tool is a hooked handle.