fmiser wrote:
> > > https://www.ebay.com/itm/-/302579536655?ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:MOTORS:1123
> > Nice truck!
>
> Thank you, Philip.
>
> > 40,000 lb tandems is a bonus and allows for over-weight hauling.
> > 13 speed transmission is an odd mate for the tandems, though...
> fmiser

> help me sell it (for a fee, of course). The one call came last Thursday
> from a guy in Montana. He did seem interested, but said he needed to run
> it past his sons who were coming for Christmas. I haven't heard from him
> since.
Craig
My trucking neighbor got in the trucking business by buying a truck from a
truck line and then leasing it to that truckline. I wonder if any trucklines
would be interested in buying your truck or knowing someone who wants to buy a
truck and lease it to them?

IIRC a big truck engine has a narrow rpm range, so it seems that a transmission
with even more speeds would allow more economical runs, especially through the
mountains with heavy loads??? Do they make transmissions with more than 13
speeds nowadays?

Wildwood truck stop has a lot of ads posted for used trucks and trailers. Truck
stops might be another place to advertise. There were also publications that
list trucks as well as other equipment where you could run an ad.
Gerry

---
http://www.avg.com