Try afterglow. It was enabled in the later 603/6 engines. cut the violet wire in the small cable to the glow relay. That will enable the afterglow. On the push pull glow, I always disconnected the cable form the IP and put in a separate shutoff. That way on really cold days you could manually do an afterglow until the engine was firing evenly and normally. I could aldo lock the ign and steering; take the key and leave it idle in the cold weather. (Doors locked)

I always thought the elegant way to enable afterglow on the early 60x engines would be to put a switch under the dash and cut into the violet wire somewhere near the fuseblock. THen you could turn the switch off for afterglow int he winter, and on for no afterglow int he summer/spring/fall when it is not needed.