Max Dillon wrote:
> Gerry,
> Time for a Liqui-Moly diesel purge treatment?

G: I'll try that. I've also heard that a tank, or partial tank, of refined
cooking oil will clean out diesel engines?

> A good start would be getting the injectors tested, and if they are good then
> rebuild the delivery valves with fresh copper seals.  Inspect the delivery
> valves, they do wear at the seat where the plunger seals.  If that seat looks
> rough, you can try polishing with jewellers rouge or just get a new delivery
> valve.

G: It's been a long time since I've done anything to the 300D engine, so I'll
check out all those possibilities if the Liqui-Molly doesn't help.
I've also heard that a tank of biodiesel will clean the carbon out of a diesel
engine?

> A proper Italian tuneup is performed at high engine speed with high load.
> Max Dillon
> Charleston SC
> '87 300TD
> '95 E300