The best way to test them is to pull them out, apply 12 volts then touch to your tongue to see if its hot.

On 1/3/2018 10:02 PM, Buggered Benzmail via Mercedes wrote:
You can (gingerly) touch a glow plug after glowing and feel if it is warm
(hot!) to see if they are getting juice. You can also put your voltmeter on the
output and see if it the relay is closing and sending juice to the plugs (or at
least voltage) You can also take off the cover of the relay box and watch the
relay to see if it actually closes, and/or manually push on it to close it if
it doesn’t.

The SD was acting like this, turned out at first it was the relay and replacing
it cured the no starting and then a year or two after that it was bad glow
plugs.

CHANGING YOUR FUSE is the first simple cheap fast easy thing to do.

--R
Sent from iPhone

On Jan 3, 2018, at 4:52 PM, Andrew Strasfogel via Mercedes