I see no correlation between this advice and reality. Other than if the contacts corrode due to prolonged high-drippy humid-didity, or as previously postulated, the capacitors give out after 20-30 years on a shelf...

Remember, Herr Doktor said KLIMA relays NEVER fail! Every vehicle i've ever had with a Klima, had at LEAST one KLIMA relay fail.

While Herr Doktor was right about several things, I can think of at least 3 that he was wrong about.
Meade Dillon via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
January 4, 2018 at 3:25 PM
Jaime,

Marshall didn't explain it that I can remember, but I suppose his data /
experience lead to the advice. I suspect the Jim's idea about the
electrolytic capacitors going bad is on the right track.

Do you think this was bad advice?