I remember the Blizzard of 78.  I got trapped in the house with my Mom, and she
followed me around for two days just yammering at me since there was no one
else there.  I finally bundled up and trekked cross-country about two miles to
a friend’s apartment where I holed up for several days to maintain my sanity.
The whole time I was getting ready to go my Mom was telling me I would be in
big trouble when Dad got home for leaving her there by herself (Dad was
traveling and stuck in Denver, if I recall correctly.)

When Dad got home he chided me for leaving Mom by herself while giving me the
knowing nod….

-D