Come to think of it, I have heard Floridians called Flaw-idions, but usually we
old Floridians are just called Geezers. We like that since it sets us apart and
commands respect due to our ability at sports; shuffleboard, golf, and other
less strenuous games. We do have a powerful organization call "Geezer
Advancement Society" (GAS) which looks out for our interests. If a business
place descriminates against us Geezers, a large group of us can go in there and
do our thing, and I gaurantee we will empty the place.
Gerry

Curley McLain via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> it is Fla Duh.   Em FA sis on the last syllable, and drow out the last
> syllable when referring to people.
>
> > Curt Raymond via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
> > January 17, 2018 at 12:51 PM
> > "New Englanders don't seem to have any pet names."
> > Wha? I live in the land of Massholes. Mainers (the proper term) are
> > often referred to as "Maniacs" which we consider derogatory from you
> > flatlanders.
> > Do Floridians have a pet name? The state does, its God's Waiting Room
> > after all but I've never heard of one for the people...
> >
> > -Curt

---
http://www.avg.com