From: clay monroe [mailto:redgh...@comcast.net]
Sent: Wednesday, January 17, 2018 11:05 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Catastrophic Failure

Sorry for the loss.  I was just contemplating how BMW cars have retained their
unique presences.  A benz has no distinctiveness.

By all means part out the car for those items you know will be expensive to
procure for another ride.  A spare part is always welcome, and if  you plan
repairs or upgrades, you can do it to the spare and then swap it in.  Make sure
you have space to store it and strip it.

The return on time invested to scour the carcass for items of value on the open
market is minimal at best.  You will need a bunch of free time that would be
better spent billing time.  Marketing the items involves truck loads of time
and effort, months at times and then needing  to make sure it stays sold.

clay

1974 450sl -  Frosch - Two tone green
1986 SDL - Polei
1982 300 SD - Allen

retired models-
2002 s430 - Victor, a Stately & well tailored crap
1976 300D - Blei Vanst - it looks silvery
1995 E300D - Gave her life to save me against a Dame in a SUV POS 1987 SDL -
Beware Nigerian Scammers