From: Craig [mailto:diese...@pisquared.net]
Sent: Thursday, January 18, 2018 12:23 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: [MBZ] 1990 E300D/2.5 Turbo Question #1: Odometer and Speedometer

A while back, when I refueled the car and before I drove off, I pushed the trip
odometer reset button. That caused both the trip odometer and main odometer to
stop working.

I have also experienced a noise when driving the car above about 55 mph when it
has been less than about 15 deg.F. overnight. I finally traced that to the
speedometer. It first starts as a whine, and as one increases speed turns to a
howl. At 75 mph, it's a very loud shriek.

So, what's wrong and how do I fix it?

I thought the car had an electronic speedometer and wouldn't be subject to such
maladies.

Craig