Between the top and the cylinders, not including labor, you’re talking roughly
$2000 for parts to make things right.  Personally, I would walk away from this
as you’ll be upside down on it before you start. W124 cabs aren’t so unique
that they’re making the market go crazy, so unless you want another car for
Regina to destroy, I would move on.  If you trade the 240D for it you’re really
off your onion.

Just my $0.02.

-D