On Mon, 22 Jan 2018 19:11:58 +0000 Rick Knoble via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> Craig sez:
>
>  >The best way is to put in a blocked-open >thermostat, otherwise you
> do not get full >flow through the radiator
>
> See the attached pdf file.
> Especially steps A. 2. ‎And B. 6. (and everything in between) :)

I saw the PDF attached to your posting to the list after I sent my email.

As I said in the second posting,

     > Here is the pdf file. On page one step A.2. It says "remove
     > thermostat". On page 3 step B.6. It says "install coolant
     > thermostat with new sealing ring (20-10)". This is for OM617
     > engines in 123, 116, and 126 chassis cars. I do realize Marshall
     > was adamant about blocking open the thermostat. In this instance,
     > he was contradicting what the manual indicates, in other words,
     > wrong.

     Well, what do you know! I stand corrected!

I also attached the 20-015 for OM60x engines to back up your comment
about them needing the blocked-open thermostat.

Craig