On Wed, 31 Jan 2018 16:33:59 +0000 Donald Snook via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> Speaking of check lists and rip offs.  I saw this recent report on
> Jiffy Lube.   This doesn't look good for them!
>
> https://www.cheatsheet.com/money-career/how-jiffy-lube-got-a-reputation-for-ripping-off-people.html/?a=viewall

I went to a Jiffy Lube in Albuquerque for an oil change for the BRV (I had
no place to do one). They said it took 4.5 quarts and filled it so. I
looked in the manual and found it really took 5 quarts. I went back and
complained. They were very agreeable and put the extra 0.5 quart in. They
asked if there was anything else they could do. I had them check the level
of differerential gear oil, which they did not charge for.

But shorting each customer 0.5 quart would be a rip-off.

Craig