Cooper sulfate. Corrosion from copper or brass. Do you have good Go5 in the radiator at the proper ratio?

Michael Esh via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
February 1, 2018 at 5:04 PM
I just replaced the damaged mono valve on the car. The one I just took out has a blue/green crusty substance all over the screen and any metal part. This is new in the last week. This stuff was not there a week ago. What would cause this? The only change was putting a valve in with poorly soldered solenoid. I pulled it apart last week and ruined the connections. The latest symptoms are good heat at below 2000 RPM’s but then heat would cut out completely at any thing over 2000. Fan would stay on just heat out the vents. I’ll test out the new monovave assembly I received from Andrew tomorrow morning.

Mike

Michael E. Esh