Ned,

I had it happen west of Memphis last September on my 116 300SD on my way to Virginia International Raceway...... Brake pedal was like pressing on a brick.......

The dealership had a reman and was on my way the next morning $800 lighter in my wallet... Not what I would choose, but it got done....

Take care,

Chuck
Phoenix AZ