On 15/02/2018 12:18 PM, Mitch Haley via Mercedes wrote:
On February 15, 2018 at 12:24 PM Randy Bennell via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

don't want to have to hire a flat-deck tow truck to haul it home if I
run into trouble and I would not want to leave it along the road
anywhere for fear it would be vandalized. I doubt anyone would bother a
Honda parked along the road but this thing has become old enough to be
unique and that draws attention.
You can park a 2003 ML350 on a very busy off-ramp in Lansing Michigan for 10
hours on a Wednesday without anybody touching it.

Around here, a flat bed costs $75 hook charge and $3.50 per loaded mile.

Most newer vehicles are so generic looking that most folks would never notice that an ML350 was a Mercedes. I think there is more risk with a classic vehicle but I could well be wrong. Not anxious to test my theory. I have arranged short hauls of vehicles close to home for $50 cash. Don't know what it might cost if I was a 100 or more miles out and needed to be hauled home. Looks like a 76 300D weighs about 3400 pounds and it also appears that my F150 will pull 8,000 pounds, so I would just need to rent or borrow a trailer and I should be able to retrieve it by myself.

RB