I rode my bike over to Cars & Coffee this morning, it was fairly warm.  Lots of cars there, and interesting mix.  Only 1 Benz, an AMG GT that belongs to some kinda greasy/swarthy looking guys with man buns who started a high-end shop, they deal in some high-end iron too.  They had been there before.  Ferrarris, a Lambo, a drag Camaro that sounded like the apocalypse when he started it up to leave., an old orange Roller that belongs to an older lady who always dresses the type and loves talking about the car, new and old Porches, a new Tesla, 2 Karmann Ghias, one was hot rodded up pretty nicely, some old pickups, a chopped Model A hot rod with a big blower motor, coupla old Healeys (one belonged to a guy I know),  a replica GT40 and Cobra, the GT40 sounded really nice.  Good mix of cars.  There was a B7 Alpina too, I really liked it.

There was a Ferrari 412 coupe, gray with red interior, that looked like a runner.  Got talking to the young guy who owned it, he picked it up after it sat for 15 years, had to redo the whole fuel system.  He did most of the work but had to send out the fuel distributors and regulators.  He just drove the thing and enjoyed it with his family which was nice. It was a V12, basically 2 straight 6s put together, it had 2 of everything which he said was problematic in trying to get it to run right. but he had fooled with it enough to get it dialed in and it ran well.  I noticed it had what looked like a standard Delco alternator, he said there were actually 2 of them, one was below the one I could see.

The woman who owns a bunch of Ferraris was there with a black 512? or something, she was talking to some other folks around.

I think next time around I might get the 78 300CD out and take it over there.

It's interesting, being around car guys and gals is just really nice.  Some of them probably have more money than most 3rd world corruptocrats, but they are pretty regular about their cars.

--
--FT