Tarek Elshenawy wrote:
See whats funny is one day the antilock light came on. Now when I left the
car with my mechanic, the relay was change due to suspicion stemming from
the car running so rough, etc. So the relay is changed but the antilock
light will still come on every now and then. It lights up and goes out fine
on startup, but randomly during the course of my drive the light will come
on. Once the car is turned off and restarted, the light goes out again.
The car seems to be running a lot better now that the relay was changed, but
occasionally the antilock light still comes on. What could be the problem
besides the relay? The alternator?

Dirty wheel sensors CAN cause the light to illuminate erratically. So can a broken/shorted cable to the sensor.

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 237kmi