No good repair attempt goes unpunished.

I had yet to deal with the brake fluid on Allen.  It has been a year since I
got her, and the fluid, though fresh when installed a few years ago, was not
being as good as I thought it should be.  Stuff in the tank was a bit dark, but
i had done some fluid swaps with a baster twice.

I have a Mighty Vac, that the fluid cup had gone missing.  I had rigged up a
container last year.  When I tried to use it this morning, the thing just
shattered.  Nalgene bottle with gooped in hoses.  Just fell apart.  I tried to
fab something else to work.  It did not.  Instead of screwing about trying to
get suck to work, I hit FLAPS and brought home a FRESH Mighty Vac.  That makes
three pumps, lots of attachments, and one functional cup.

The car was jacked up and I was able to get the far rear wheel draining, but I
was sucking bubbles.  Driver side rear did not have bubbles and both sides were
pulling fresh fluid from the reservoir.   Rear rotors and pads looked good with
no obvious wear.  Front rotors were showing almost 2mm.   Front right bleeder
would not open, as somebody had rounded the 8mm nut.   Driver side bled fine
with no bubbles.   I think 10oz of DOT4 went through the lines.

Now I get to RTFM for the Vac pump and try to come to terms with what is going
on with my brake system.  Right front wear sensor wires are rotted away.  Looks
like I need to wait until another bunch of W126 hit the PnP yards so I can
scrounge a few brake parts.

clay

1974 450sl -  Frosch - Two tone green
1986 SDL - Polei
1982 300 SD - Allen

retired models-
2002 s430 - Victor, a Stately & well tailored crap
1976 300D - Blei Vanst - it looks silvery
POS 1987 SDL - Beware Nigerian Scammers