116 with an OM602 turbo would be lovely. The 617 is venerable and tough and all
that but the 60x engines start so much better in the cold and get better
mileage...
-Curt

    On Sunday, March 4, 2018, 7:32:50 PM EST, ROGER HALE via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

 Kaleb,

> [...]

    Having owned a 116 for over 20 years,  I respectfully disagree on several
counts.  The interior in the 126 tears and breaks down more than the 116.  The
plastic around the sides hides rust and cheapens the look of a classic vehicle.
 The front headlights/park lights look too Japanese.  And having driven both, I
and my butt would prefer a 116.  Now to agree with you, the mono valve is much
better than the servo system.  Yes, I always yearned for a 300SDL, but was
leary of some of the reported motor issues.  The extra room would have been
welcomed by my long legs.

    I hope you find the car you want.  I tend to think it would be a newer year
model.  By the way, my 116 still has the door on it that I got from you many
years ago.

Best wishes,

Roger

Roger Hale