Unless you are just replacing a boot with stress cracks that havn't gone all the way through, don't bother. If the boot is torn, the cv joint is already on the way to quickly being trashed, the dirt is in and the damage has already started. Get a fresh half shaft. If on the other hand, it hasn't torn through yet, you'll need those fancy cv clamp pliers to get the band clamps off and on ( or a screwdriver, a pair of needle nose, and a wide vocabulary )Cut the old one off, remorve the clamps, use the grease that comes with the boot, slip the boot around without getting any grease in the grove ( if you do , clean it out with brake parts cleaner or alcohol etc ) follow instructions for gluing togethr ( unless it's the screw together type :, it's been so long since I fooled with one of those things , I don't even know what's available nowdays) Clamp the ends and you're done.
now if it sounds easy......... don't believe it.

Zoltan Finks wrote:
Any inside info. on installing "quick boots" on the rear shafts? I know, it
should be self explanatory, but why not ask? Since it's such a simple item
(at least I think it is) I'm just going to try to pick up a kit here in
town.

Tips on the install?

Brian
83 240D