On crypsler 300s when you turn the steering to the right, the RF window goes down. Could be some similar gremlin. Could be something screwed up in the steering column wiring. (light dimmer crossed with starter wire?) bad insulation? Starter/trans lockout crossed with light low/high (dimmer) in the column or underdash or in the console?

Kevin Kraly via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
March 13, 2018 at 10:30 PM
Today, I bought a 2000 Dodge Durango with Carfax verified 43,000 miles on it, 5.2 L V8 engine. I found something very interesting going on. It will not crank at all unless the light switch is turned one click to the right, just before the position to turn on the lights. I have never heard of this happening before. It is as if the starter circuit has been wired into the light switch.
Kevin in Hillsboro, OR

Sent from my iPhone