If there were bolts in the trunk they would be sticking into the fuel tank.

The only bolts on the rear upper seat cushion in a W123 are the outboard ones
and the center one below the center armrest.  Once these are removed you just
have to lift up sharply to disengage the hook along the top of the seat frame.

-D