Craig’s fan clutch thing must be catching…

Noticed today that when I came home and had the hood open on the 400E that the
fan was, shall we say, “lazy”.  As in it didn’t appear to be spinning very
fast.  That and while sitting in traffic I noticed the temperature climbed up
to 100C until I started moving again.  I’ve noticed similar “lazy” behavior
when cold, too, so I’m guessing the fan clutch is probably out of the hydraulic
fluid that fills it.

So I’m thinking I might try and pop the fan and clutch off this weekend and
refill it since I’ve got the stuff to do it.  Cheaper than buying a new clutch,
and might prolong the life of the one I have to a point where I feel like
spending the $$ to change it.

Something to add to the list…

-D