Kaleb C. Striplin via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
March 29, 2018 at 2:36 PM
So it looks like I’m fixing to sell my 3 year old JD which I have only put 42 hours on. I have literally only had it out of the barn maybe 3-4 times in the last year. Now I’m starting to think I don’t want to sell it but the old boy already has a loan going at his bank. I guess this way I will pay off the rest of my 0% loan to JD and have some cash left and not have a monthly payment on something I am not using that much. So that is why a while back I was talking about cheaper tractors. I think I still need on around. As we discussed before I prefer diesel and prefer one with a loader, but what about if I found one without a loader and added one later? Or would I be money ahead getting to whole thing at once. I think I want to spend about $4-5k on one if possible. Or I might just wait and get one later. Here are a few I have seen for sale. Some of these are more that I have to spend but might have to pony it up a bit. If anybody cares to look at these and let me know what you think. My JD was my first tractor and I know next to nothing about what might be a good deal or a POS

Makes sense. You are better off to buy tractor and loader assembled. it will cost you more to put a loader on a tractor. you'd pay at least $2500 for a loose loader and probably $500 to $1000 putting it on, unless it came off the same model of tractor.
2656 International Tractor With Loader

https://fortsmith.craigslist.org/grd/d/2656-international-tractor/6502019384.html
I would not be afraid of a gas tractor. run a compression test, formal or informal I am skeptical of the hyrdostatic on this one. otherwise, an excellent choice. I still like this tractor overall, but the hydrostatic trans scares me (unknown)

Mitsubishi Tractor

https://tulsa.craigslist.org/grd/d/mitsubishi-tractor/6543071684.html
Looks too small and too beat up for the money.

FORD 4000 Tractor w/Front end loader

https://tulsa.craigslist.org/grd/d/ford-4000-tractor-front-end/6541897833.html
This one and the IH 2656 are probably big enough to pick up a car, or at least 201 and 124. Looks well beaten. both the Mitsi and this one look like $2500 to 3500 tractors to me.

Good farm tractor

https://fayar.craigslist.org/grd/d/good-farm-tractor/6543546303.html
JD 301 was the most popular backhoe in the early 70s. This is an old puppy like the ford. Check compression, etc. It is pretty much the same as a 1530 JD, but with the industrial front end, loader and rear end. That is all good for your use. The 3 cyl idles with a lope, that is normal. It is a bit pricey, but you can resell a JD easier than anything else, so as long as the paint stays good, you could probably get your money out of it when you sell. Over all, so far the IH and the JD are my licks, with the frod bing a pick if it was 3500. The hood is still 1960s style, but that may have carried over longer in the industrial series. the 30 series (1530-4430) came out about 1973 or 74.

Kubota L235 4wd tractor with loader, box blade, and mower

https://littlerock.craigslist.org/grd/d/kubota-l235-4wd-tractor-with/6546328399.html
THis will be very similar to the yanmar you are selling, albeit with less capital invested. can't do what a bigger tractor can do.

John Deere 650 Tractor 4x4 *506 original hours*

https://littlerock.craigslist.org/grd/d/john-deere-650-tractor-4x4/6544981970.html
About the same as what you are selling, but no loader. Is it even smaller? lotsa $$$ for not much tractor

john deere tractor 2150 with 175 loader in good running order

https://seks.craigslist.org/grd/d/john-deere-tractor-2150-with/6542334231.html
40 HP, is even smaller than the 301. it is about 1985. You'd be better off with the 301 for the miney

1986 Ford 1710 4WD Tractor

https://topeka.craigslist.org/grd/d/1986-fordwd-tractor/6546326628.html

Ford 3910 Diesel Tractor w/ Loader

https://loz.craigslist.org/grq/d/ford-3910-diesel-tractor/6545964210.html

3600 Ford tractor

https://springfield.craigslist.org/grd/d/3600-ford-tractor/6545710603.html

Ford 1310 4x4 tractor / plow

https://springfield.craigslist.org/grd/d/fordx4-tractor-plow/6539155463.html

Case tractor

https://springfield.craigslist.org/grd/d/case-tractor/6542872482.html

Front loader tractor

https://stlouis.craigslist.org/grd/d/front-loader-tractor/6534949529.html

Ford 1910 4x4 Tractor 4x4

https://stlouis.craigslist.org/grd/d/fordx4-tractor-4x4/6523069764.html

International Harvester Tractor with Backhoe and front loader

https://stlouis.craigslist.org/bar/d/international-harvester/6544792535.html

New Holland TC25 Tractor

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/grd/d/new-holland-tc25-tractor/6546138004.html

Ford 445A Diesel Industrial Tractor with Loader & PTO

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/grd/d/ford-445a-diesel-industrial/6539970665.html

1225 Massey Ferguson Tractor w/ Loader - Diesel - 25hp

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/grd/d/1225-massey-ferguson-tractor/6541490208.html

This is a scam, right?
2006 Mahindra

https://lafayette.craigslist.org/grd/d/2006-mahindrawd-tractor-diesel/6543431044.html