I would think a person who would purchase a benz would not be swayed by the
fashions and need to upgrade to something that may not provide the level of
service you expect for transport.  Diesel, probably paid off long ago, so only
investment would be in keeping it on the road.  It could be serviced most
anyplace in the world, unlike Detroit iron or the disposable nature of Asian
rides.  A very forward thinking commitment to quality, much as a spouse, but
more reliable.

clay

1974 450sl -  Frosch - Two tone green
1986 SDL - Polei
1982 300 SD - Allen

retired models-
2002 s430 - Victor, a Stately & well tailored crap
1976 300D - Blei Vanst - it looks silvery
POS 1987 SDL - Beware Nigerian Scammers