It turns out that the front bumper from the '92 sedan is a different color
than the bumper on my '95 cabriolet, so I'll have to paint it.  The color
is a slightly darker shade of grey.

According to the free online EPC site, the datacard paint code is 149
(glacier white).  PaintScratch.com has the two-tone combination for 149 as
7201 (marble grey - matte)

So I'm going to sand the existing bumper paint a bit to scuff it up, I'm
not planning to strip it down to bare plastic.

Do I need all the fancy special "adhesive promoters" and primers meant for
plastic bumper, or will I be OK with just putting the correct top-coat on?