Better to find kids with common sense, then teach the ones with aptitude engineering simulation.

A dufus I knew in kolledge gragitated, and went to work for Boeing. He could not find his ass with one hand and a mirror in the other. Not one shred of common sense.

However a friend of mine who was an A&P first, went through the industrial Ed BS degree, got hired at Boeing, and progressed rapidly, including "Black hole" programs and commercial aircraft, an indication of his common sense and usefulness to the company.

fmiser via Mercedes wrote:
Curley wrote:

ISU solar car team did that about 10 years ago on I35
somewhere around KC.   Smashed the big Dog van, the trailer,
the solar car, and a few kids.

Mitch wrote:

Educated Engineering Students did that?

Educated engineer != common sense.