I looked at a 91 350SD that was listed as a SDL on Craigslist. It has been
expired for a while but contacted them to see if it was still available. Price
was $2500. Car looks to be in fair shape. Paint is good not major issues.
Interior is fair except for drivers seat showing wear on the bolster. Engine
runs fine and sounds good, no rocking back and forth. No blow by. Car has good
tires but I believe it’s got w202 wheels on in. Ac works but compressor is
activated with a switch in the glove box. So in other words in needs a Klima
relay. Seller says heat does not work. Tach does not work, and the odometer
shows 160k but is not working either, so no telling how many miles it really
has on it. Carfax shows 120k in 2010 so maybe it’s not more than 200k. Car
needs motor mounts very bad. Its probably the worse I have seen in a long time.
Car has no power at all hardly. Does not seem to be building any boost.
Transmission shifts good. Front end will need guide rod mounts at the very
least. Ran the carfax and it shows to have had a salvage title from 03 after an
accident of the right front. Car does not look like it’s been wrecked so it
must have been repaired decently. The guy was given the car by his father in
law and it has a trunk full of parts also. I offered him $1500 but told him
that was somewhat of a stretch given that it had a salvage title. He asked if I
could come up any and I asked him what he was thing and he said $2k. I told him
$1500 was about my top and he said he wanted to talk it over with his father in
law.

I would not mind having the car but I’m wondering if I offered too much, or too
little. I’m leaning toward too much.

Sent from my iPhone