I don't know much about them, but I would be interested in any  affordable
(relative - MB's will always be more $) MB that is built on  the basis of HIGH
QUALITY (what I'm willing to pay extra for) and not  on conspicuous
consumption, 87 zone climate controls, heated AND  chilled seats, and 24
position head rests. A diesel Smart, with roll  down windows, manual seat
adjustment and made TO LAST - in THAT, I  would be interested.

  Chris (not holding breath)

R A Bennell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  So what do you all think? Is that our
future?

Next Q - where is the competition? I can't recall seeeing anything that
suggests anyone else is working on a
similar vehicle to offer us. One might think that with current fuel price
trends, there will be more interest in
very efficient vehicles. These little 800cc diesels do pretty well on fuel in
town and out. The little thing will
go too. I followed one on the highway going to the lake last summer that was
running along at about 115 kph which
would translate to about 70 plus MPH.

There was an article in the local paper here a while back about a fellow who
uses a Smart to deliver newspapers
over a route that extends from Winnipeg east to at least the  Ontario border
which is about 90 miles out from
Winnipeg. He apparently packs the vehicle full of papers and drives that every
day.

Randy B