> > > Jim  wrote:
> > >
> > > I believe the Hummer (H1?) had a multi-fuel engine.

> > MG wrote:
> >
> >  From my memory it was a 6.2 GM diesel.

> Scott wrote:
>
> Diesel or JP8, as I recall.

So far as I know, the military HMMWV (H1 Hummer) has always had the
6.2/6.5 Detroit diesel engine.  It is a compression ignition
engine and I think the injectors, piston top, and a "fuel density
compensator" allowed early (6.2 L) to run on anything from alcohol
to bunker fuel.  Not sure about it, though.

The more modern engines (after mid-1990s?) are Diesel/JP8 only, I
think.