W. Lasher wrote:
                                    According to Mobile web site M-1 0W-30
is an approved Diesel oil…is it approved for MB’s?
                                    What are the mew codes for Diesel oil?
(ie: CF)   I’m just about ready to go back to Delo 400 with all this
confusion.
                                    At least I can get it through Costco

According to Wolfgang's page that lists Mercedes oil recommendations:

http://www.whnet.com/4x4/oil.html

some oils which are NOT recommended:

Mobil 1 SuperSyn 0W-30 SL/SJ/CF A1/B1/A5 9.7 doesn't meet 229.1 nor ACEA A2 or A3 Mobil 1 SuperSyn 5W-30 SL/SJ/CF A1/B1/A5 9.8 doesn't meet 229.1 nor ACEA A2 or A3 Mobil 1 SuperSyn 10W-30 SL/SJ/CF A1/B1/A5 10.1 doesn't meet 229.1 nor ACEA A2 or A3 These 3 oils do not meet MB spec of > 3.5 cP for high temperature high shear strength.

The Mobil 1 0W-40 IS most highly recommended however and meets the most severe criteria. Mobil 1 15W-50 Extended (while NOT yet recommended) is likely to be recommended (if it's ever tested) as it essentially the old approved 15W-50 formula with little more of the more expensive group V ester fraction added to the less expensive group IV PAO component.

Mobil 1 Truck & SUV has been reformulated as a 0W-30 oil, and is recommended ONLY for gasoline engines. There is a Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel Truck 5W-40 formula (identical to the old T&SUV and to Delvac 1) that is being manufactured, but I don't know of a single human that has actually seen it for sale anywhere.

http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Oils/Mobil_1_Turbo_Diesel_Truck_5W-40.aspx

http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Oils/Mobil_1.aspx

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 237kmi